The Islamia University of Bahawalpur Pakistan Privacy Statement
- This is The Islamia University of Bahawalpur Pakistan (IUB) website. Thank you for examining our privacy statement.
- The IUB collects personal data to support its teaching, learning, research, administration, personal development and other functions of the University.
- If you are only browsing this website or using the Search function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. This site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page(s) requested. Although user sessions are tracked, the users remain anonymous.
- If you choose to send an application or an e-mail that contains personally identifiable data, for us to process the application or to render you a service, we may share relevant data within IUB, or if necessary, with other Government agencies, so as to serve you efficiently and effectively, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We may also need to disclose personal data as required by law or a court order. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, when you are carrying out a transaction using your personally identifiable data, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied to us or to other Government agencies (or non-Government entities that have been authorised to carry out specific Government services). This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of University services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
- This site may contain links to other independently-managed websites within the IUB network and to some sites outside the "iub.edu.pk" domain whose data protection and privacy practices may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to examine the privacy notices of those sites.
- IUB students may also wish to view the provisions under the 'Privacy Statement for IUB Students'.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal data online – for example on message boards, through e-mails, or in chat areas – that information can be collected and used by others. By posting personal data online that is publicly accessible, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.